Happenings in the Forest - 10/6/23
Happy spooky season! Here's what's been going on in The Forest this week:
- Upcoming events:
- The Running Club will be meeting at Town Hall Saturday, October 7th at 9:00am
- There will be a Board of Commissioners meeting on Tuesday, October 10th beginning at 4:30pm
- Some big changes have happened at the Police Department!
- Kenny Merrit will move from Sergeant to Operations Lieutenant.
- Patrick Ridgeway will move from Officer to Shift Sergeant.
- Big congratulations to Lt. Merrit and to Sgt. Ridgeway!! Keep up the amazing work and thank you for all that you do for the Town of Biltmore Forest!
- Collect garbage and recycling
- Mow and string trim
- Road Shoulders, Hemlock Pond, Town Hall Complex, Busbee Entrance, & Brookside
- Utility locates
- Tree Assessments
- Picked up trash along Hendersonville Road
- Daily water chlorine tests
- Completed monthly bacteriological water test
- Cleared segments of the following road shoulders:
- North Vanderbilt
- Service dog waste stations
- Begin removing vines from trees at Lower Vanderbilt Park
- Add topsoil and rototill bed at Lower Vanderbilt Park
- Striped Vanderbilt Road north of I-40 bridge
- Installed plant material, mulch and bench at Lower Vanderbilt Park
- Completed South brush route
- Cleaned up median at North Vanderbilt and Hendersonville Road
- Employee attended back-flow prevention class
- Blow Greenwood Place
- Shoulder repair at Forest Road and Busbee