Meeting Held Tuesday, 8/14 at 4:30 p.m.
The Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. at the Town Hall. The Commission has an extensive agenda for this meeting, including the following.
- Consideration of the Tax Settlement for FY18 and the Tax Collection Order for FY19. These documents enable the Town to finalize taxes collected in the prior fiscal year, and authorize the Tax Collector to carry out the collection for FY19.
- Consideration of a Water Shortage Response Plan. The Town has presented this plan to the State of NC, and before approval of the plan is finalized the Board must review and consider a resolution approving the Plan.
- Consideration of a resolution approving the Town's General Fund Balance Policy. This fiscal policy approval by the Board will formalize the Town's policy toward fund balance, and specify requirements by which the Town's fund balance is allocated and identify the target goals for fund balance percentage.
- The Board will consider a proposal from Buckeye Bridge for repair to a bridge on Stuyvesant Road. This bridge was found to need primary maintenance from a biannual inspection conducted by the State of North Carolina.
- The Board will consider a resolution authorizing the Town Manager to file an application with the NC Local Government Commission for an installment financing agreement. The Board will also hold a Public Hearing on 8/21 to review proposals and receive comment from the public regarding the proposed financing plans for the Public Works Building renovation project.
- Consideration of a change to the speed limit along the northern section of Vanderbilt Road, and discussion of an implementation plan to incorporate an all way stop at the intersection of Vanderbilt and Cedarcliff Roads.
- Discussion of potential amendments to the Town's accessory structure ordinance.
- The Town Manager will also provide an update and report on various ongoing projects, and departmental reports will be presented from the Police, Public Works, and Finance Departments. Skyland Fire Department representatives will be in attendance to present the Department's monthly report.
Friday, August 10, 2018 10:23:00 AM