Impacts to Town Hall Parking and Access
The renovations for the Town's Public Works building will begin in earnest the week of October 22. The scheduled duration for construction is 9 to 10 months. During this time, the Town respectfully asks for your patience as there will be limited parking and access at the Town Hall complex. The entrance and exit to the Town Hall will remain the same, but there will be a limited travel lane heading out of the complex.
Other Items of Note
- The Town is removing the recycling container for cardboard in order to create more space for storage and equipment. As a reminder, cardboard can be placed with your regular recycling and will be picked up by the Town on its normal route every two weeks.
- A perimeter fence will be installed around the construction area to ensure that no one accesses the zone and endangers themselves.
- The contractor is aware of all Town requirements regarding construction hours and days.
- Construction work will not occur on Election Day (November 6th) to facilitate the smooth flow of voter traffic through the building.
- Public works staff will be maintaining regular office hours and be relocated in the Police Department during construction. The number for the Public Works Department will remain the same (828-274-3919).
- Regular meetings held by the Board of Commissioners, Board of Adjustments, Design Review Board, and Planning Commission will all occur in the Town's Social Room during construction. This is to assist with storing materials in the Board room.
For any additional questions or concerns, please contact the Biltmore Forest Town Hall at (828) 274-0824.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:54:00 AM